.

.

Sunday, July 17, 2016

I believe in Pophets


Today I taught the Relief Society lesson which was #14 in the manual from President Hunter's messages:


I was very impressed by the story of his testimony of the temple and his experience of being sealed to his parents in the Mesa, AZ temple on his 46th birthday.





Prior to this year I did not know that much about President Hunter.  I was not active in the church during the period of his leadership, and he was President for a shorter time than any other prophet (From June 1994 until his death in March of 1995).

I have enjoyed learning things about him that have helped me appreciate him more.  For instance, he was born in Boise, ID which I now call home.  Also in the 1960's he was President of the Genealogical Society of Utah and it was he who oversaw the dedication of the Granite Mountain Records Vault which is where the church stores it's treasure trove of all the genealogical records that they have been gathering for over 100 years.

I have a strong testimony that our church is led by prophets.  I am so grateful to be able to be taught by these wonderful servants of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment