.

.

Sunday, October 2, 2016

One Last Time

For the past week I have been sorting and packing, preparing our apartment to leave it for the very last time. We had our last walk on the beach, our last time a Lake Pupuke, many other "one last time" sort of farewells to our favorite places here.  On Friday there was a potluck gathering of Senior Missionaries at Elder and Sister Graham's home to honor those of us who will be leaving soon...us, the Olsens and the Spencers.   There was much laughter and some tender moments.  Some shared special poems, others gave a thought or a song.  Good food and dear friends made it an evening to remember.  I will always treasure these dear people we have served with here.  They have blessed my life in so many ways.
Today we attended Auckland Ward for the last time. We bore our testimonies and expressed our love the best way we knew how. I shed many tears as we drove away.

Oh how I have loved my mission life, even though at times it was difficult.   Leaving is hard. Tomorrow is the big day we get on the plan and head back to America.

Farewell Aotearoa.   Thank you for all of it.











No comments:

Post a Comment